In this regard, SIRIM is committed to developing a culture of openness and honesty where a person who is aware of any potential malpractice or misconduct is encouraged to report such matters, in good faith, without fear of retaliation.
This Whistleblowing Policy provides a framework for responsible and secure reporting of concerns about irregularities within SIRIM operations. It is hoped that Whistleblowing can act as an early warning system to avert possible risks of loss or reputation damage to SIRIM.
The main objectives of the Policy are:
- To encourage the Employee to disclose any Improper Conduct that his or her has become aware of;
- To provide protection for the Employee who reports allegation of such Improper Conduct; and
- To manage disclosure of Improper Conduct in an appropriate and timely manner.
The Policy applies to any Improper Conduct, involving the Employees of SIRIM that affects others, such as other employees, consultants, vendors, contractors, outside agencies or employees of such agencies, and/or any other parties that have a business relationship with SIRIM. Such misconduct or criminal offences include the following:
- Abuse of Power;
- Conflict of Interest;
- Theft or embezzlement and;
- Misuse of Company’s Property.;
However, this Policy is not intended to cover matters that are covered by other procedures such as following:
- Customer complaints on SIRIM products and services;
- Personal grievances concerning the Employee’s terms and conditions of employment, or other aspects of the working relationship, and complaints on bullying or harassment, which are all dealt with under existing procedures on grievance;
- Disciplinary matters that are covered under the Group Human Resource Policy and Procedures.;